We are currently hiring for the following positions.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will only contact you if we decide to move forward with your application. Please no calls, direct emails, or walk-ins.
We look forward to getting to know you better!
The Pittsburgh, PA Office of Senator John Fetterman seeks a Staff Assistant who can excel in a fast-paced environment and act as a liaison with all levels of the Federal government and external partners. This position requires a results-oriented individual who works well with others, can prioritize projects and accomplish tasks on time with attention to detail and accuracy. This role reports to the Western Regional Director. The annual salary for this position is $42,000.
- Answers telephones, receives office visitors, and serves as the first interaction between constituents and the Pittsburgh office
- Supports the office’s mailroom operation; ensures that all incoming postal and electronic mail is appropriately processed and routed to appropriate staff
- Coordinates and provides support for constituent meetings and special events
- Conducts research and participates in projects as assigned by staff members
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to handle simultaneous priority projects and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to be trustworthy and exercise sound judgment within general policy guidelines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex concepts effectively and succinctly
- Familiarity with and understanding of Federal and local government operations and departments
- Strong relationship-building skills are essential, along with the ability to work seamlessly with employees at different levels
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Education and Experience
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree from accredited college or 2 years of comparable work experience.
- Previous experience with a legislative office preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
This position is based in the Pittsburgh office between the hours of 9-5PM.
Interested applicants should email a resume, cover letter and two professional references to PAjobs@fetterman.senate.gov with the subject “Staff Assistant” by April 24, 2023.