The United States Service Academies are federally funded undergraduate institutions designed to provide excellent education and training for future commissioned officers in the armed services. Students must apply to each academy of interest individually. Four of the five academies also require a nomination from a federal legislator, the President, Vice President, or through a special service-connected process. The application on this page is used only to request a nomination from Senator John Fetterman.
Academies that require a nomination:
- U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, CO
- U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
- U.S. Military Academy, West Point, NY
- U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD
Academy that does not require a nomination:
- U.S. Coast Guard Academy, New London, CT
Tips for Students:
- Broaden your chances as much as possible by applying to all appropriate academies.
- Apply for nominations from every eligible source. Pennsylvania residents can apply for three legislative nominations (both US Senators and their representative in the US House)
- Test early and often. While SAT and ACT scores are only one factor in admissions decisions, giving yourself time to get the best scores possible is to your advantage.
- Be prepared in STEM. If your school does not offer certain courses, work with your guidance counselor to see if there may be an option at a local community college to enhance your STEM preparedness.
- For academies requiring a nomination, remember that you must apply for BOTH acceptance to the academy and a nomination.
Apply for a Service Academy nomination from Senator John Fetterman here:
Please direct questions to email@example.com